Saturday, January 3, 2009

Cookie

I made hot chocolate with blocks of chocolate and a little cocoa powder and really had a craving for cookies. I decided to just LOOK at recipes and I found this REALLY good lookin one. Al raves about the black forest German chocolate cake and these cookies are based off of it.

Black Forest Cookies

1 (11.5-ounce) package milk chocolate morsels, divided use
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 (6-ounce) package Ocean Spray® Craisins® Cherry Flavor Sweetened Dried Cranberries
1 cup pecans or walnuts, coarsely chopped

1. Preheat oven to 350ยบ F.
2. Pour 3/4 cup morsels into an uncovered large microwave-safe bowl. Set remaining morsels aside. Microwave morsels for 2 minutes on high. Stir until chocolate is smooth.
3. Stir in brown sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla. Add flour and baking powder, mixing until thoroughly combined. Stir in remaining morsels, cherry flavor sweetened dried cranberries and pecans.
4. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 12 minutes or until cookies are puffed and set to the touch. For a firmer cookie bake for 14 minutes. Cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.

Makes about 2 1/2 dozen cookies.

If anyone tried it LEMME KNOW! :3 And If i try to bake em I will let you guys know how they came out.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds good, and I'm not even a usual fan of chocolate cookies! I'll see if my brother wants to make some with me soon. owo

    ReplyDelete
  2. They sound soo good~
    I'll have to try this out. o 3o
    *loves bakign*

    ReplyDelete